People in local drug rehabilitation and domestic violence facilities are in desperate need of supplies. Because of Covid-19 and the stresses associated with the pandemic, managers of drug rehab. facilities and domestic violence shelters are greatly concerned about residents relapsing -and- an increase of local violence against spouses and children due to stresses of job loss.
After a conversation with Cottonwood’s “Steps to Recovery”, the following items are immediately needed to assist residents in coping, avoiding relapse and any subsequent violence: board games, tools to fix mountain bikes, cleaning supplies like sanitizer wipes, hand wipes, toilet paper, toothpaste and bushes, floss, soap, shampoo, conditioner, razors and shaving cream, deodorant, food like rice and spaghetti, soup, hamburger, pizza, bread, eggs, milk, cold medicine (but NOT Nyquil), vitamins, pre-loaded cards for Wal Mart or grocery stores.
After conversations with Sedona’s Verde Valley Sanctuary, the following items are needed for residents who have run from abusive spouses during this time of tribulation: face masks, hand sanitizers, hand wipes, surface cleaners, gift cards for gas, groceries, clothes or restaurants, hair dye, lotion, perfume, deodorant, make up, tooth brushes and tooth paste, diapers (all sizes), rash creams.
In the VERDE VALLEY, we will host FIVE drop off locations/collection buckets for “Two-Fer Tuesday”, TOMORROW, April 14, 9 AM to 4 PM, to help “Steps to Recovery” and the “Verde Valley Sanctuary”. You do not have to get out of your car; we will be masked and gloved and will accept donations from you via your open trunk -or- through your back window.
- Sedona United Methodist Church, main entry/front door, 110 Indian Cliffs Road, Sedona, 86336
- Cafe Jose Restaurant, sidewalk in front of restaurant, 2370 AZ 89 A, Suite 1, Sedona, 86336
- Cleaner Quicker Car Wash, in the drive-through, 1515 West State Road 89A, Sedona, 86336
- Cottonwood Police Station, in front of police station, 199 South 6th Street, Cottonwood
- Camp Verde Marshall Station, in front of police station, 646 South 1st Street, Camp Verde
Sweet treats, and other presents, will be given out at all locations while supplies last! See the attached picture.